Wednesday 25 September 2013

Masthead Ideas and Conventions of a front cover.

Here I have tried out a variety of different font styles and unique designs for ideas for my masthead. I created all of these by using the programme, fireworks. I found out that using one letter to represent a single word made it confusing for you to understand what it stood for, for we example, 'P B S M' is PlantsBrook School Mag. This idea for a masthead also looked really messy and unprofessional. I personally think that the mastheads I created were very different and all stood out due to different reasons. I think the mastheads with a bold colour and a big bold stroke around them worked best because they stood out more and were more noticeable than the others. I also think the mastheads that had a shiney effect on  them also worked really well as they looked extremely professional, unique and stood out from the crowd. In the end I decided I wanted to use the #PBMAG masthead. I decided on this masthead because i felt that it would fit in with the magazine more. I feel as though  it would fir in with the house style of Plantsbrook school, Red and black.I feel as though the stroke also made my masthead  look very professional and organised as it looks very neat and easy to read. My masthead is quite simple but i personally think that's what makes it look better because its not too over the top.


Conventions of a front cover.
Masthead
Headline
House Style
Stroke
Visual syntax
Pug
Barcode
Large central
superimposed photo
Sans serif style font
Issue date

No comments:

Post a Comment