Tuesday 8 October 2013

conventions for a contents page.

I am going to make a contents page for the next part of my magazine. To be able to create a contents page I’m going to need to know the key conventions. The key conventions for a contents page are:

·         Catergories/sections
I will use catergories/sections on my contents page so everything is laid out neatly and is easier to read.


·         Font size variation
I will use a variation of font sizes on my contents page to make the more important pieces of information stand out to the less important pieces.

·         Blurb
I will use a blurb on my contents page as it will contain information about the magazine for the audience.


·         Pictures
I will use pictures on my contents page to make it more interesting to look at and to draw the audience in more. This will also give the audience a sneak preview of what’s in the magazine

·         Columns
I will use columns on my contents page as it will keep everything in order, it will not make the page look untidy and it will look a lot more professional.

·         Captions
I will use captions on my contents page as some people may not know what is in them image that I have on my contents page and it will explain a bit about it.

·         Structured  layout
I will use a structured layout on my contents page so that it is all clear and neat and it will help it look a lot more professional.


·         Pull quotes
I will use pull quotes on my contents page as it will draw the audience in more, this will make them want to read the magazine more.



·         Title(contents)
I will use a title on my contents page so that the audience will know what page they are looking at.

·         Banners
I will use banners on my contents page so that the reader will know what is inside of the magazine.

·         Headlines
I will use headlines on my contents page so it easy for the audience to identify the most important piece of information on there.


·         Numbers(emphasis, do not use pg or page)
I will use numbers on my contents page so the audience know where  to find certain pages and bits of information.

·         Colour scheme
I will use a colour scheme on my contents page so that it will look a lot more professional instead of using lots of different colours. If I do not use a colour scheme it will be very unappealing

·         House style (relates to the reset of the magazine)
I will use a house style on my contents page so it will keep everything in order and will not confuse the audience.


·         Issue number dates.
I will use issue number dates on my contents so the audience know when the next issue of the magazine is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment